Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken and Beans


Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken and Beans

(I talked about this recipe here)

1 cup dried pinto beans, rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 tablespoon chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, chopped
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup water
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup bell pepper , chopped


Stir together beans, salsa, chilies, flour, and water in a slow cooker.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and arrange on top of bean mixture.
Scatter onion and bell pepper on top of chicken.

Cover and cook on low heat for 7 hours.

Remove chicken from crockpot and shred into large pieces, then stir everything back together.
Serve as is, (like a stew), wrapped in warm tortillas, or spooned over rice.

makes 6 servings
adapted from: Martha Stewart
HUs: 4

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there. We have never met but I know your mom (Joe is my uncle) and she just recently sent me the link to your blog. Just wanted to let you know that I made this for dinner tonight and my family LOVED it!!! I'm really excited to try out some of your other recipes. Thanks so much!

Alicia