Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Quintessential Summer Pasta

Recipe
Summer Tomato Pasta

This fantastic pasta recipe has made the rounds in my family for the last several years: my mom, my sisters, Dariush, and I crave it all summer long (in fact, DR starts asking me to make this every winter, and doesn't stop asking until summer - and tomato season - finally hits). It's the perfect blend of midsummer ingredients: fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. ...But, you might say, there are plenty of recipes that incorporate these three ingredients - so what makes this one the best? Lemons! I never dreamed how perfectly harmonious lemon zest could be with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar until my sister first made this pasta for me. It really elevates the dish to a whole new level of flavor. Try it once, and I'm certain it will become a summer tradition for you, just as it has for my family.

Dariush and I are headed out hiking for a few days, so I'll be taking a brief blogging hiatus - I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really is the best pasta ever.

Elisabeth said...

yep! :)