Saturday, March 17, 2007

Crockpot Beef Carnitas


Crockpot Beef Carnitas

(I talked about this recipe here)

1 pound flank steak
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup beer
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours (I always do 8).
Remove meat from juice and shred with a fork.
Discard all but 2 tablespoons of liquid, combine with beef.
Serve on corn or flour tortillas with toppings (we like pico de gallo, sour cream, corn, and guacamole).

makes 8 small tacos
source: Recipe Review Board
HUs: 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lis, finally tried one of your blog recipes, this one is a winner.

finally a crockpot recipe I like!!!

I added in some additional spices like Adobo, Chili Powder, Cayenne to heat it up a bit.

keep posting and shooting the pics, I may try the cinnamon scones this weekend.

great idea for a blog.

Elisabeth said...

Mark, I hope Heidi told you how excited I was that you've been visiting my blog - sorry I haven't discovered your comment until now!

Good crockpot recipes are few and far between, aren't they? I like the idea of adding spices. Did you use some of your home brew when you made this? DR never wants me to "waste" his - he makes me use leftover Coors Light from a party we had last summer. :)