Monday, May 7, 2007

One of my favorite go-to meals....


Is this Rice Omelette. I can throw it together quickly and it always tastes great. It's one of the few meatless meals that DR really likes, and I can use almost any leftover vegetables I have hanging out in my fridge and need to get rid of. It seems like a weird concept, and I was skeptical the first time I tried it...but now it's probably in my top ten favorite meals to make. To me, the flavors are a bit much to eat at breakfast time, but I suppose you could if you were so inclined. We like to eat it for dinner with a green salad.

I use lots of egg whites when I make it to keep the "point count" down, but you could just as easily use whole eggs only - just substitute one whole egg for every two whites I've listed in the recipe. The vegetable combination can be varied too - like I said, whatever you have in your fridge!

No comments: