Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sensational salad....


Recipe
Spring Salad with Caramelized Almonds


Generally speaking, I only like salads that are composed of some sort of spring green mix or baby spinach, small pieces of fruit, and occasionally some pieces of cheese if I'm eating the salad as a main course (I know, I'm ridiculously picky!). I don't care for most salad dressings - except THIS dressing, on this particular salad combination. So here it is - the ultimate side salad, in my estimation. It's a recipe from my mom's friend Marilyn, and it's a great accompaniment to almost any meal. The almonds really make it spectacular - don't skimp on them! When berries aren't in season, this is good with chunks of Granny Smith apples. Fresh, whole-milk mozzarella also makes a good addition if you're looking for something more filling.


No comments: