Tuesday, October 30, 2007

AppleFest 2007 Recipe Number One!


Recipe
Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Frosting

So, this was the first of several recipes I've made with the large amount of apples my dad gave me from his trees. It was FABULOUS - I had read many rave reviews about it on a message board, and I finally decided to give it a try for myself. I'm so glad I did - and so is my business partner, Kelly - she loved it too and between the two of us we ate almost the whole cake over about a week (morning coffee breaks!). I loved the chunks of fresh apples, and the frosting was the perfect complement. Substituting applesauce for the oil originally called for in the recipe lowered the fat content significantly, and I didn't feel like I sacrificed anything flavor-wise. Hooray for my new favorite cake recipe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum does this look good! I'm making pumpkin cupcakes with caramel cream cheese frosting for my daughter's first birthday party this weekend . . . but I think I may swap the frosting over to yours here. :-)

Elisabeth said...

Lia, I hope you do - the frosting was REALLY good! Happy birthday to your daughter!