Sunday, March 2, 2008

More Macaroni and Cheese Already?

Recipe
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese

Yes, that's right: more macaroni and cheese already. I found this recipe for making it in the crock pot and I just couldn't resist, even though I've already written a macaroni and cheese post recently. This version is much different from the Martha Stewart version I wrote about earlier - it tastes more like what most people (people I know anyway) expect macaroni and cheese to taste like. The Martha Stewart recipe is a bit fancier with the Gruyere cheese and bread crumb topping, while this slow cooker recipe is a little more simple with Velveeta and cheddar. I'm excited to have found another slow cooker recipe that works for me...my slow cooker and I don't always get along so well, and many slow cooker recipes I've tried turn out terrible. Most crockpot recipes call for long cooking times...this one is pretty quick, by crock pot standards: 2 hours and 45 minutes. I tweaked the original recipe I found just a little by adding in some seasonings, and the result was perfect - creamy comfort food at its best. Now I have TWO macaroni and cheese recipes that I love - lucky me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the mac & cheese coming! I haven't had this one. Maybe for next 6ft under night?

Elisabeth said...

Anna, I think you'd really like this one, too. You're right - it may need to make an appearance at 6FU night soon!