Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Caryn!

Recipe
Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake

Ms. Caryn, one of our infant teachers, wanted Special K bars for her birthday treat... but our center is peanut-free so she had to choose something else instead. Fortunately, she chose a raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake, which turned out to be a very happy turn of events for everyone! This cheesecake was absolutely beautiful to look at - the layers of black, pink, and white made for slices with great visual appeal...and it tasted just as wonderful as it looked. Raspberry and chocolate, as a rule, is just about one of the best combinations ever invented - and this cheesecake was no exception. Creamy and rich, I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite between this and that other wonderful cheesecake recipe I made for someone's birthday...the Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake. It's a good thing there's time enough in my life for many cheesecakes, isn't there?

Caryn is one of our infant teachers who will be leaving us soon to pursue a nursing career. I will miss her very much! She has a fantastic sense of humor, and she really loves and appreciates every single kid at the center. She always has a smile on her face and a positive attitude - she's been a pleasure to work with. I'm glad I got to make her a cake while she was here...I'll miss you, Caryn!

No comments: