Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Quick, fabulous banana bread...


Recipe
Quick Banana Bread


So, I don't usually like to cook with mixes and such, but this banana bread is one of my few exceptions. It's made with boxed cake and pudding mixes, but it's so easy to make and tastes so incredibly good that I'm happy to use the pre-packaged stuff.

I made it for our holiday bake sale at work last winter, and it sold out so quickly that I had to make two more batches! One of the teachers at my work's husband loved it so much that I think she must have bought 3 or 4 loaves, and now I make sure to make an extra loaf for her husband every time I make a batch.

It's a very sweet, moist banana bread - definitely more of a dessert bread than a breakfast-y type bread, I would say. The pudding mix makes it very creamy - when you take it out of the oven, it may still be wet in the center. We kind of like it like that at our house, but throw it back in the oven if the middle isn't done enough for you.


No comments: