Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Date Night" pasta...

Recipe
Creamy Shrimp and Gruyere Pasta

Every once in a while when Dariush is out for the evening, I plan a "date night" just for myself. I cook one of my favorite meals, buy a bottle of wine and some dark chocolate, and rent a movie that DR wouldn't want to watch with me (something girly or something with subtitles, usually). If I have a date night planned for the weekend, I look forward to it all week long - it's so nice to have an evening set aside to do only the things I want to do, to allow myself to take the night off from working, cleaning, or any other plans and obligations, and just enjoy my free time! This shrimp pasta is one of my absolute FAVORITE meals, and it's what I made for my last date night....Dariush doesn't usually get too excited about shrimp, so I don't get the opportunity to make this pasta very often. It's sooo rich and decadent...it was the perfect meal for my special night. I hope you can find a special evening to try it too!

No comments: