Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Perfect Popovers

Recipe
Custardy Popovers

Popovers are one of the easiest, most versatile things in my cooking repertoire. I've been making them for a few years now...they go well with soups and stews, with jam for brunch or breakfast - they're a great comfort food source for me and my family. The batter is simple to make, and as long as you remember not to open the oven to peek at them while they're baking, they turn out perfect every time (and they look like you put a lot more work into them than you really did). I've found that they don't reheat very well, though, so I'm not a big fan of leftovers. Fortunately, they're so good that we rarely have leftovers when I make them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These popovers are amazing. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Anonymous said...

These look great! I'm all for baking recipes that look impressive. I'll bet they'd be great with roasted pork . . .

Elisabeth said...

Yup, these are awesome! And Lia, they definitely ARE something that looks impressive without much effort. :)