Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pinwheels: Perfect for Parties

Recipe
Cranberry Feta Pinwheels

Another appetizer post! I love roll-up/pinwheel appetizers for parties - they always seem to go over well no matter what you put in them. These Cranberry Feta Pinwheels are no exception to that rule: they're a big hit every time I make them! One of the things I love most about them is how easy they are to put together - they require few ingredients and little prep time, although you do have to plan ahead a bit, because they need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before you serve them to make sure the flavors have time to meld together. I always use spinach tortillas, because I love the contrast of the green tortillas against the red cranberries, but plain flour tortillas work just as well. If you're hosting a Valentine's Day party next month, red sun-dried tomato tortillas would be fun, too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fanatastic idea for a V-day appetizer! They look beautiful!

Elisabeth said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to a Bible Study ladies salad luncheon this Friday and I am taking these. Look and sound delicious! Jancd

Elisabeth said...

Jan, I think these are a perfect idea for a luncheon! I hope they go over well. :)