Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Is It Grilling Season Yet?

Recipe
Stovetop "Baked Beans"

Homemade baked beans make me long for warm days and meals prepared on the grill like hamburgers and corn on the cob - doesn't that sound wonderful? Unfortunately, here in Minnesota, there's still snow on the ground and Dariush hasn't headed out to the grill yet this year...but soon, I hope - very, very soon. (can you tell I'm ready to be done with winter?!) This is my favorite baked bean recipe, and they're not even really baked (hence the quotation marks around the title)! In the summer, I love them because they're prepared entirely on the stovetop and I don't have to heat up the house by turning on the oven. Their sweet, smoky flavor is wonderful just about any time, with any meal, any season - but I love them best in warm weather, as an accompaniment to whatever DR's cooked up outside.

No comments: