Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Lea!

Recipe
Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies

It's time for another birthday post! We had another teacher's birthday a few weeks ago, and she couldn't decide between brownies and ice cream or an Oreo cake for her treat. I found this recipe for Oreo Crunch Brownies over on Joe's blog, Culinary in the Country (thanks, Joe!), and it made her decision much easier. When I read about this recipe on his blog, I knew it was the perfect choice (it's a Barefoot Contessa recipe, and I haven't had a bad dessert from her yet!). ...Sure enough, these brownies are incredible - they're just about the richest, most sinful thing I've ever tasted...which is exactly what good brownies should be. As you can see from the photo above, they're loaded with huge chunks of Oreo cookies - the trick is to cut the Oreos into big enough pieces so that they don't just disappear into the brownies when you stir them in. I'm so glad we were able to celebrate Lea's birthday with her - she ended up having to take a leave of absence shortly after her birthday...she's expecting twins in June, and she's now home on doctor-ordered bed rest. She's an absolutely amazing teacher, and we can't wait for her to come back. Lea loves food more than anyone else I know, so stay tuned for the baby shower post that will be coming this summer - I'm sure I'll have lots more treats to share!

6 comments:

Joe said...

Those brownies are the best! I just made them again this weekend for my brother-in-law!

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by, Joe - and for sharing this recipe with me! I saw that you posted about them on your blog this weekend, too! :)

Tracy said...

I've heard so much about those but haven't tried them yet. Thanks for the reminder!

Elisabeth said...

Tracy, I hope you get a chance to try them soon! They're really as good as everyone says they are. :)

Unknown said...

Oh... these look yummy! :)

Elisabeth said...

Thanks, Jeanne - my new scrapbooking friend. :) Hope you stop by again soon!