Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've Missed My Blog!

Recipe
Spinach Artichoke Dip

I've been extremely busy at work and in my personal life the last week or so, and I haven't been able to update my blog. I've surprised myself at how much I've missed it! Posting about cooking and recipes on here is a part of my life I really look forward to - the time I spend on my own blog (and reading others' blogs) is a relaxing "port in the storm" of the hectic weeks that my life has been lately. So, thank you - to everyone who reads this blog, to everyone who leaves me comments and sends me emails, to all the other food bloggers who provide me with wonderful recipes and reading material - all of you that make up my little blogging world - I appreciate it more than you know.

Even though I haven't been blogging lately, I have been cooking and taking lots of photos - so I have plenty of material to post! I made this artichoke and spinach dip for my book club a couple weekends ago - it's been a reliable party recipe for me for a few years, and it's always popular. The creamy dip is studded with chunky artichoke hearts and flavorful spinach, and it's wonderful with carrot and celery sticks, but even better with toasted baguette slices or tortilla chips. There's a local pub in Highland Park that Dariush and I like to visit that has homemade macaroni and cheese with spinach-artichoke dip stirred into it on their menu (can you hear the excitement in my voice?!)...although I haven't yet tried it, the concept sounds heavenly - I'm a bit hesistant to try it at home, because I'm sure it's a heart attack on a plate, but...but...well, maybe if I just try a very small bowl. And then go for a run or something afterwards. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Nothing beats spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer. That mac & cheese sounds amazing - invite me when you go try it! I am missing the regular blog posts...

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite dips, and I can never have enough recipes of it to try. Thank you! And thank you, too, for your sweet thoughts on our pup. It's been tough adjusting to life without him. But each day brings new life.

Tracy said...

Yum. I love spinach & artichoke dip.

Elisabeth said...

Anna, that mac and cheese is at Chatterbox - next time we all get a Nintendo craving, we'll have to go! I'm missing the regular blog posts too - hopefully I'll be able to get back to a better schedule soon.

Lia, I am very sorry about Tally. You've been on my mind often lately.

Tracy, me too! This is my favorite recipe, but just about any spinach-artichoke dip is okay by me!