Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Twist on Meatballs

Recipe
Mexican Meatballs

I'm fairly certain these meatballs aren't authentically Mexican, but let me tell you, they're pretty darn good, Mexican or not. Made of ground pork mixed with sauteed onions and jalapenos, they have a unique, kicky flavor that's highlighted by simmering in tomato salsa. Dariush gets most of the credit for putting these on the table...he followed my directions, but the execution was all his (I threw together the salad and a dessert). Preparing a meal together on the weekends is a great way for us to spend time with each other (and drink lots of wine!) - I think this is one of the best meals to come out of our team effort in quite a while. This recipe, however, is really simple enough for one person to throw together, even on a weeknight - so anyone can give it a try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great! Funny, my mom used to make "Mexican Spaghetti" when I was a kid, only it involved canned cream of tomato soup and soy sauce. Go figure ;-). Your mexican meatballs look a heck of a lot better!

Elisabeth said...

Lia, hmmm...that Mexican spaghetti sounds like quite a concoction! :)