Monday, April 6, 2009

Comfort Food for Blustery Weather

Recipe
Baked Potato Soup

Just when I start to think that soup season is almost over, Minnesota plays a dirty trick on me and I wake up to snow on Sunday morning...on April 5th - you have got to be kidding me! The one good thing about the stubborn wintry weather here is that a big bowl of soup still sounds like the perfect end to a chilly day, so I've taken the opportunity to test out a few new soup recipes the last couple weeks before the weather gets warm enough that soup no longer sounds appealing. I'm pretty picky about my soup, so most of the recipes I've tried didn't make the blog cut - except this one. This soup is exactly what it sounds like: a baked potato in soup form, complete with all the trimmings...and it is oh-so-comforting on a blustery day. Creamy and thick, it's easy to tailor to individual preferences, because everyone can add their own toppings as they see fit. Served with a hunk of crusty bread, it's comfort food at its finest. As long as it stays on the cooler side in Cathedral Hill, I'll be looking for excuses to make this soup as often as I can until warm weather (finally) arrives.

Last year at this time...Creamy Vegetable Chowder and Oreo Crunch Brownies.

No comments: