Friday, March 20, 2009

Looking for a New Friday Night Dinner?

Recipe
Drunken Cheesy Bread

This is one of our favorite Friday-night meals: it's quick enough to throw together when you come home from work, cheesy enough to be considered a little indulgent, and it calls for wine (you know, in the recipe...in addition to however many glasses you polish off while cooking and eating - seriously, we don't mess around on Friday nights). I suspect the only reason I haven't posted about it yet is because we always seem to eat a whole pan before I get around to taking any photos of it. In addition to being a perfect Friday night (or really, any night that suits your fancy) meal, this is also one of the most cost-effective things I make, because it just uses up odds and ends that I already have lying around. The basic ingredients are bread, cheese and wine, augmented by anything else you want to use up - meat, vegetables, herbs...this is the perfect recipe to be creative with. The end result will be a cheesy, wine-soaked strata-like dish that begs to served with a buttery Chardonnay and is the perfect finish to a long work-week.

Last year at this time...Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
and Breakfast Couscous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good, I will definitely have to add this to my list of things I'll be trying!

Elisabeth said...

It's definitely worth a try - especially when you need something fast!